The Albany Police Benevolent Association is accepting applications for the next academic year. Applications will be accepted from Greater Albany Public Schools (or qualified Albany home study) graduating seniors. Recipients will receive a $1,000 one-time award sent directly to their chosen 2-year or 4-year accredited college or accredited university program.
Four scholarships will be awarded in 2021!
- Applicant must be a senior at any GAPS school or a qualified home study senior.
- Must be going into the law enforcement field.
- Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Be filled out completely, hand printed in black ink or typed and signed,
- Include two letters of recommendations from non-relatives, and
- A 500-word Essay
Required Essay Criteria:
- Subject: "Why do you want to enter the field of Law Enforcement?"
- Be at least 500 words double spaced, typed and signed with name, high school/home program and current date in upper left-hand comer.
- Include as much information as possible about your career goals and how you intend to reach those goals.
DEADLINE: May 7, 2021
Please deliver complete packet to the Albany Police Department at 2600 Pacific Boulevard SW, Albany, Oregon or mail to:
Albany Police Benevolent Association
PO Box 125
Albany, OR 97321