FireMed costs just $70 per year. It is a membership program providing affordable ambulance services to the community. It is not insurance but prepaid coverage in excess of any health insurance or medical benefits. FireMed provides 24-hour ambulance service for your entire family. Sign up any time and get a full 12 months of coverage.
Online payment portal NEW!
Complete family coverage:
- One small annual fee covers all permanent members of your household.
- The person who signs the application form will be Primary Member.
- Household members include all permanent residents living at your address as well as spouses or dependents living in a nursing home or residential care facility located within the FireMed service area.
- Emergency pre-hospital medical care and ambulance transportation.
- All emergency services must originate within the Albany FireMed area or in other areas of the state that participate in the Oregon FireMed Network.
- Hospital tansfers that are medically necessary and authorized by a physician.
Services NOT covered:
- Transportation for non-medical situations when a private vehicle, taxi, or wheelchair and stretcher van service can be used.
- Transport to / from doctors’ offices or clinics.
- Transport from nursing homes for treatment normally provided in the nursing home.
- Transport home from a medical facility when the patient’s condition does not warrant an ambulance.
Need more reasons to join FireMed?
Ambulance service is expensive. Unfortunately, ambulance costs are seldom paid in full by insurance companies or Medicare. When "medically necessary" ambulance services are provided to members, FireMed will handle all insurance billings and waive those costs, such as co-payments and deductibles, which are not covered by insurance.
Dealing with insurance companies and Medicare is never easy. When you become a FireMed member, you never have to submit your own ambulance bills. All ambulance claims are processed and submitted by our professional billing staff who are trained to understand the complicated and ever-changing rules and procedures for the many insurance companies and Medicare.
Your FireMed membership fees are used to improve ambulance services in Albany. Livesaving equipment and training are expensive. Your support helps FireMed invest in up-to-date medical technology and provides opportunities for advanced training to your paramedics and emergency medical technicians.
Part of the Oregon FireMed Network
Wherever you travel in Oregon, your Albany FireMed membership will be honored by 56 other FireMed agencies at no extra cost!