Please note: Albany Police Department has moved to 2600 Pacific Boulevard SW.
Albany Police Department
- About this page:
- Last Updated: December 15, 2017 December 15, 2017
The Albany Police Department serves over 52,000 residents and employs sixty-five sworn officers and thirty-four civilian staff who carry on a rich tradition of professional public safety service. The Department provides 24-hour service to the community every day of the year. The City of Albany Police Department celebrated its 150th Anniversary in 2010. We look forward to serving the citizens of Albany for many years to come.
Sign up for alerts from APD
Recent "Can you ID me?" messages
If you see any of these people, call 911 immediately. DO NOT attempt to apprehend these people.
- Contempt of Court
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Competitive pay and benefit package.
- $4,000 incentive paid on the first regular payroll after start date (Laterals only)
- $4,000 incentive paid after completion of two years of employment (Laterals only)
- Oregon DPSST (certifying body) honors most out of state academy training.
- Laterals are offered an expedited screening process to minimize trips during the process.
- Read more...
A community effort...
Community partnerships are integral to our success in maintaining the public safety in Albany. In order to accomplish our mission of "Excellence Through Service," we encourage community involvement and input. Citizens share a responsibility to actively report all public safety concerns and work closely with us to help resolve problems and develop long-term solutions. We encourage citizens to become involved through programs like our Citizens' Police Academy, Neighborhood Watch, Safe and Secure Seniors Independent (SASSI), Graffiti Abatement, Ride-a-Long Patrol Observation, or Neighborhood Speed Watch. You may contact our Community Resource Unit at 541-917-3206 for further information on any of our community education programs. By working together, we will continue to create and maintain the quality of life we expect for all who live in and visit Albany.