- For questions on City Council business, contact your City Councilors.
- The summary documents below provide Resolution and Ordinance numbers that were passed by the City Council.
Participating in virtual meetings:
Join with the GoToMeeting app on your computer, tablet, or smartphone (using your device’s microphone and speakers):
If you wish to dial in using your phone:
Call toll-free: 1-646-749-3129, when prompted, enter the access code found on the first page of the meeting agenda.
Do not use your device audio and a phone at the same time.
Business from the public
- Please limit comments to one page and include your name and address.
- Emails received before 5:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting will be included in the record.
Code of Conduct for virtual meetings
- Microphones will be muted and webcams will be turned off for presenters and members of the public unless called upon to speak.
- If participant(s) disrupt the meeting, the participant(s) microphone and webcam will be turned off.
- If disruption continues, the participant(s) will be removed from the meeting.
Council Video Information
Broadcasts begin at 7:15 p.m., and are simucast on YouTube and Facebook Live.
Archived videos from each City Council Regular Session are usually available on our YouTube channel no later than the Friday following each meeting date.
Viewers should have broadband service for best results. Older City Council video may require software capable of playing .wmv (Windows Media) files.
What are Regular Meetings?
The City Council generally holds regular meetings on the second and fourth Wednesdays of every month at 7:15 p.m. in the City Council Chambers at City Hall, 333 Broadalbin SW, Albany; but they may be held at another place if the Council designates.
Four members of the City Council other than the Mayor must be present for the City Council to take action on any item. The Mayor presides over the City Council, but the Mayor only votes in the case of a 3 to 3 tie of the Council.
What are Work Sessions?
The City Council generally holds work sessions at 4:00 p.m. on Mondays that are followed by a regular Council meeting on Wednesday of the same week.
Council work sessions are designed to allow the Council to gain more in-depth knowledge of a particular subject and to have a chance to debate many of the pros and cons of an issue without coming to resolution or a decision on a matter.
Council work sessions are open to the public.