- About this page:
- Last Updated: November 5, 2018 November 5, 2018
Students may obtain class credit in the Planning Division, and sometimes students in related courses may obtain volunteer positions at the Building Division counter. For further information, please contact the Community Development Department at 541-917-7550.
Citizen Advisory Groups
The Albany City Council has over 15 advisory groups that recommend action on topics including art, bicycle access, historic preservation, land use policy, parks, public safety, and much more.
Applications are typically accepted November–early December for January appointments.
Vacancies are filled year-round.
- Shelver - returns fiction books from the reshelve area to the correct location in the Library collection.
- Children's Room Housekeeping - set up craft tables, organize materials and supplies for children's crafts, help children create crafts, and craft area cleanup.
- Adopt-a-Shelf - volunteer adopts a range in the library collection and maintains materials in shelf order, cleans book jackets, and dusts shelf.
- Additional opportunities are available for materials processing, database upkeep, and other special projects.
For further information, visit our Volunteers page or contact LaRee Bates at 541-791-0112.
Parks & Recreation
- Concert Series/Special Events volunteer
- Parks cleanup
- Maple Lawn Preschool
- Field Trips/Transportation, etc.
For further information visit our Volunteer Opportunities page or contact Parks & Recreation at 541-917-7777.
All volunteer positions require a background check.
- Cadet Program - Must be 16-20 yrs. old, maintain G.P.A. requirements, no criminal record, physically fit, etc.
- Click here for more information on volunteer opportunites with APD or contact 541-917-7680 for further information.
- Call-A-Ride The City of Albany provides low-cost transporation for seniors and people with disabilities. If you would like to become a volunteer driver for this program, please call 541-917-7606.
- River & Stream Clean up – Down by the Riverside The City of Albany works with the non-profit group SOLV to host two community river and creek clean ups each year. They are usually held in May and September. This is a great family, school, scout, or service organization activity. For further information, please contact 541-917-7600.
- Storm Drain Marking Program can use volunteers to help install storm drain markers with the message “No Dumping, Drains to River”. This is a great family, school, scout, or service organization activity. For further information, please contact 541-917-7600.
- For further information, visit our Eco Rangers Upcoming Events page.